The County Fair is coming! Let's work together to make the fair a success.
Posted on the Minnesota 4-H website: Help Guides and videos
IN-PERSON & VIRTUAL JUDGING
- Each exhibit/animal needs to be entered either online using FairEntry to receive premiums, awards and state trips.
- Exhibit/animals that are not correctly enter will only receive the blue, red or white ribbon and premium.
- General exhibits must be on display to receive premiums and special awards or state fair trip. Exhibits being judged virtually must be at 4-H Building by Monday, July 19th and picked up on Sunday, July 25th after 6 p.m.
- General project classes are based on grade completed as of July 2021.
- We no longer use class code numbers. You will only use the class title, which follows through on FairEntry.
- Livestock – You will NOT attach the animal to the class when you enter the class on FairEntry. Animal(s) will be attach to the class at the county fair check-in. Which means only add the allowed number of entries per class.
Limits to Exhibits In-Person:
- General/Cloverbud - 5 exhibits per project area.
- Animal - as listed in premium book (no changes). Cloverbud - 1 animal per specie.
Limits to Exhibits Virtual:
- General - 1 exhibit per project area. Cloverbud - 3 exhibits total.
- Animal – same as in-person. Cloverbud - 1 animal per specie.
Virtual Judging - You must complete the necessary questions in FairEntry (general/Cloverbud), upload the required photos on FairEntry - general/Cloverbud & animals; and a video Smugmug (livestock) by the registration deadline to be judge virtually. If this is not completed you will not be eligible for premiums, special awards or auction
STATE FAIR TRIPS - IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
- If you participated in-person judging at the county fair, you may participate at the state fair either in-person or virtually.
- If you participated virtually at the county fair, you MUST participate virtually at the state fair. You CAN NOT switch to in-person judging.
- If you participate virtually at the state fair, you may not eligible for champions, reserve champions or special awards.
Publications/forms posted on the Rice County Extension County Fair Information website:
- 4-H section of the premium book (helpful exhibit suggestions are listed under each project area).
- County Fair Advanced Entry Worksheet. An example has also been posted.
- If you are exhibiting (includes Cloverbud) in CLOTHING/FASHION REVUE/QUILTING, FOOD/FOOD REVUE and/or PERFORMING ARTS additional information and/or entry forms are posted on the website.
- Plus many additional pieces of information.
- Advance Fair Entry on-line must be completed by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, June 28th!
- Submitting paper entry form - turned in to extension office or postmarked by Monday, June 28th!
We are using SignUpGenuis for the following needed help. Please consider helping out during the week of the fair:
Good luck at the fair! Please contact the extension office (507-332-6162) with questions or concerns.