The County Fair is coming! Let's work together to make the fair a success.
Posted on the Minnesota 4-H website: Help Guides and videos
- Each exhibit/animal is entered online using FairEntry (https://fairentry.com) to receive premiums, awards and state trips.
- Exhibit/animals that are not correctly entered will only receive the blue, red or white ribbon and premium
- Project classes are based on grade completed as of July 2023.
- Exhibit limits are 5 exhibits per project area (example - 5 crafts, 5 fine arts, 5 photo elements, 5 photo manipulation, 5 foods, 5 food preservation etc.).
- General Cloverbud exhibit limit is 5.
- You will not be able to attach the animal to the class when you enter the class on FairEntry. Animal(s) will be attached to the class at county fair check-in, which means only add the allowed number of entries per class.
- New in 2023 Auction Requirement –must have shown in your specie showmanship class.
- Exhibits limits as listed in premium book (new dairy goat limit).
- Livestock Cloverbud limit is 1 animal per specie.
Publications/forms posted on the Rice County Extension website (https://extension.umn.edu/local/rice) - County Fair Information
- 4-H section of the premium book (helpful exhibit suggestions are listed under each project area).
- County Fair Advanced Entry Worksheet. An example has also been posted.
- If you are exhibiting (includes Cloverbuds) in CLOTHING/FASHION REVUE/QUILTING, FOODS/FOOD REVUE and/or PERFORMING ARTS additional information and/or entry forms are posted on the website. Note: If you have selected any of these as a project, the information will also be emailed to you.
- 4-H County Fair Events Schedule
- Plus many additional pieces of information.
We are using SignUpGenuis for the following. Please consider helping out during the week of the fair:
Volunteers General Judging Day, Monday, July 17, two shifts:
Each family/member are to select shifts that will work for them in the food and malt stands.
In order to get credit, you MUST sign in when arriving for your shift. This is also a requirement to qualify for the next 4-H years bonus funding.
Food Stand: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0A4DABA628A6F58-20231
- Screened adult volunteers who sign-up to work the register must complete the required Clover (credit card machine) operation training before the fair: https://umn.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bEhT3ThATRZIHga
- The Cloverbud shifts have been reduced to two-hour shifts.
- Youth with different abilities are allowed to split a shift with another member/family if the length of the shift is a concern.
Malt Stand: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0A4DABA628A6F58-20232
Fair Exhibit Entry Deadline
- Advance Fair Entry on-line must be completed by 11:59 pm on Monday, June 26!
- Submitting paper entry form - turned in to extension office or postmarked by Monday, June 26!
Good luck at the fair! Please contact the extension office with questions or concerns.
Kelly, Ashley & Lisa